sooooo, I haven’t blogged in so long I thought I would post one that I wrote a few months ago. In February. February 26th, 2010 to be exact. At 9:18 in the morning. I will post it *as is*; I will not add, delete or change anything from that moment in time when I originally wrote it.
What is interesting about this post is seeing that number one and number seven are in every way, shape and form, more wonderful than we ever could have imagined back in February. It also makes me laugh that number 5 is happening yet again, (this Friday) and number eight has become a necessity, much like my iPhone. And oxygen.
As for the whole number twelve thing I would like to note that there are no spelling words in 6th grade. At least not yet. And if there are I think being in 6th grade means you get to call them out to yourself.
1) my sister Stacey told me a couple of weeks ago that she is expecting a baby! wow! God is good!
2) when I gave Canon his Valentine he said, “you made my heart super happy mom.”
3) Became better friends with those I need to become better friends with. You know who you are!
4) Won $54.00 or so at the Kenny Roger’s slot machine. This is not a bad thing. But does that really make it a “good” thing? Discuss amongst yourselves.
5) Finally got some blonde highlights back in my hair.
6) Facilitated Molly’s baby’s daddy making a visit (like 8 or 9 visits). Not sure if it worked or not but there’s nothing like having your dog right under your foot when this type of thing happens.
7) Helped mom make an offer on a house. It might not be “the one” b/c it’s not gone to contract yet but that is a huge step. HUGE.
Began setting the coffee maker for 6:30am. With coffee in it.
9) Realized more. Thought about it less.
10) And on that note, I began appreciating the freedom one experiences when you don’t care so much. I care, but just not as much as I used to.
11) due to an excessive amount of something I do not know what I will write here in the number 11 space.
12) and Melodi recognizes that at least spelling words are *something* she will use in the future. not to say that all that other 5th grade academia is not important. I’m sure it is. Like I use it so much everyday that I remember it on a regular basis. yeah. right.
13) February was good. All in all, it was good.
14) confirmed that most events you want to remember are the ones that you walked away from but were glad you have a picture in which to remember it.