I saw another blogger post her responses to an email survey… you know, the kind of chain email that someone sends you and wants you to send back to them and also to 5 other people (really, it is just like a middle school chain letter)! Generally I never take the time to do this but my dear friend in Valdosta sent it to me and I loved reading her answers. When I realized this might be some material for the weblog I made sure I cut and pasted here. It’s not what you might call inspiring but it is a quick glimpse into what’s on my mind. So, here is just what you always needed to know about me…
1. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? My mother’s name is Laura Jane and I am Laura Michelle. “Laura” was my grandmother’s youngest sibling who died in early childhood so we are both named after her.
2. WHEN WAS THE LAST TIME YOU CRIED? 3 weeks ago, but I wouldn’t call it crying I would call it a bona-fide come apart.
3. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Considering no one can read it and it was always my worst grade in school I like it okay.
4. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCH MEAT? Thinly sliced deli style turkey but leftover roast makes a great sandwich with white bread and mayo!
5. DO YOU HAVE KIDS? 2 precious children, Canon who will be 3 in a few weeks and Melodi who is 8 and going into 3rd grade
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Absolutely! I used to sign my own yearbooks like I was friends with myself!
7. DO YOU USE SARCASM ALOT? Some call it sarcasm, others may refer it to as a cynical nature…
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? yes
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? I’ll do a lot of things once but this one I don’t think I will ever do (maybe if there was money involved?)
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? I used to love it, I think I overdosed on it and don’t eat it anymore
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? No
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? I could give a sarcastic (cynical?) answer here but I won’t
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM? Bunny Tracks by Blue Bunny
14. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Their conversation skills, who they know or who they are connected to (i.e. where are you from? oh, you are from south Alabama, do you know… etc., etc.)
15. RED OR PINK? Pink
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? This is not a good day to answer this question
17. WHAT COLOR PANTS AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Blue jean shorts and bare feet
18. WHAT WAS THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Hershey’s Dark Chocolate Kisses
19. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? The voices in my head! They won’t shut up!! (ha ha, refer to number 7)
20. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Yellow. Actually, I was a yellow crayon once. During my senior year me and my group of friends dressed up as a box of crayons for a Halloween costume contest. We took a lot of time and effort into making our colorful warm-up suits into crayolas (pointed hats made out of poster board completed the look)… Mike and his pals ripped their clothes and mousse-ed their hair right before they came to school. They were New Kids on The Block and they won the contest. BUT I WAS A GREAT YELLOW CRAYON!
22. FAVORITE SMELLS? Stargazer lilies, magnolias, gardenias, honeysuckle, I love the smell of fresh flowers!
23. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? My sweet Arbonne friend, Rachael from Lawrenceburg, TN
24. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I admire my friend Elizabeth so very much! She lives too far away but we are keeping in touch!
25. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? Football, I will like it better when my son is playing
26. HAIR COLOR? Is this a trick question?
27. EYE COLOR? Blue green with yellow flecks
28. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? No
29. FAVORITE FOOD? Anything that someone else cooks
30. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings
31. LAST MOVIE YOU WATCHED? The Pursuit of Happyness
32. WHAT COLOR SHIRT ARE YOU WEARING? White t-shirt from Big Spring Jam
33. SUMMER OR WINTER? Summer, but I think I like the dry heat out west instead of the suffocating humidity we’ve had today!
34. HUGS OR KISSES? Kisses
35. FAVORITE DESSERT? Anything with chocolate
36. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW? Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World, 21 Most Powerful Minutes in a Leader’s Day
37. WHAT IS ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? No mouse pad here, I use the touch pad on the Mac
38. WHAT DID YOU WATCH ON T. V. LAST NIGHT? Whatever was on VH1
39. FAVORITE SOUND? You know, I really like the sound of quiet
40. ROLLING STONES OR BEATLES? Beatles
41. WHAT IS THE FARTHEST YOU HAVE BEEN FROM HOME? I guess going out of the country to Jamaica on our honeymoon but I did a cruise to the Bahamas in February that might be farther? It felt farther because I missed my man so much!
42. DO YOU HAVE A SPECIAL TALENT? Complicating the obvious, I seem to really be good at that
43. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? Opelika, Alabama